All of our products are produced in Istanbul with lots of love and forest-friendly papers.
However, we are confused about the concept of “sustainability”, one of the popular topics on the agenda. We've been thinking and working on reusing and recycling ever since Paper Street came into existence. One of our most cherished values is to use ecological materials and to work with local producers.
So, what do we do?
- We prefer FSC certified or highly recyclable papers for most of our products.
- We try to use as little plastic as possible. The reason why we do not manufacture hard covers, faux leather covers or PVC protected products is the amount of plastic in them.
- We organize handmade notebook workshops with waste materials left over from our productions.
- We offer our defective or faulty products in the category of “flawed” at very reasonable prices.
- We prefer the works that are already in the portfolios of the artists we work with. We think that re-evaluation not only in terms of production but also in terms of labor contributes a lot to sustainability.
Paper and recycle;
- Paper is one of the most recycled materials in the world. With 99.7%, paper is the recyclable material with the highest recycling rate among all wastes.
- While recycling in Turkey progresses to better levels every year than the previous year, 47% of the current recycling rates are paper recycling.
- Paper industry is the single largest industry in Europe capable of producing renewable energy.
Save forever or recycle your PS products.
PS we love you